The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Thursday, August 24, 2006

Hot All Male Action

When I was a teenager and had first come out of the closet, I used to lament to my mother about my friendships. Specifically the gender of my friends. Throughout highschool, I had primarly women for friends.

And I treasured them all, but being friends with women does not always get you laid. And lets face it...what else does a highschool aged boy want to do besides get laid? It used to crack me up that we would drive around scoping out guys...but unfortunately it always turned out better for the women in my life. The fathers loved me, as I always made sure their daughters got home safely...and hanging out with me meant no accidental pregnancies.

By the time I went to college, I was ready to change the primary gender I interacted with in my life. I went to Boulder for a few reasons, but one of them was that the male population on campus was 62% at the time. Odds were in my favor, so I thought. Yet when I started making friends, most of the more meaningful relationships were women again. I dated (AKA slept around), but the people I connected with on a friendship level were mainly women.

Somehow that changed in my 30's. I was looking at the pictures from my vacation and noticed something kind of strange. Where have all the women gone?

How the hell did I move into an all male society? Granted...I still maintain friendships with women, some being more like family to me, but somehow I moved into an all male society.

Come to think of it...I don't know any straight men. So I live in an all GAY male society.

What am I complaining about?

Patrick - 11:31 AM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com