The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Murder and Outrage

Saturday, after my run and weekly brunch, I went back to my apartment and was sitting outside talking to my neighbor, when a strange man came walking down the street. As he walked down the sidewalk, he would grab the city garbage cans and place them in the middle of the street so that no car could safely drive down the street. Me being curious (I know...didn't that kill a cat?), I asked him what he was doing.

"I'm protesting!" He screamed. "I went to the police station to report a crime that happened in this neigborhood and they won't believe me. So I'm moving all the garbage cans until they actually will listen to me. Somone has got to believe me. I'm a witness to a murder."

I was intrigued (hey...it's my neighborhood!).

"Three men snuck up and attacked using pipes. Nobody around would help! They beat me for nearly 5 minutes, and committed murder! I called for anyone, and nobody would answer my calls for help."

"Did you know the guy they killed?" I asked.

"It was me. They killed me in the street that night and the police won't believe me!"

***Blank Stare***

That's one order of Lithium for table 3 please.

That will teach me not to talk to strangers.

Patrick - 11:08 AM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com