The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Friday, September 15, 2006

I'm Ashamed

Last night, I did a really bad thing. Probably one of the more awful things I've ever done. Something so bad, that it goes nearly against every moral I live my life by.

My day started innocently enough. I worked 1/2 the day, then headed to the hospital for all of my pre-admissions work. I left the hospital, heading back home to change clothes. I wanted to dress nicely for Famous Author Rob Byrnes' book signing party. However something happened that I didn't expect while going home. I grew tremendously hungry and began searching out a quick place to get a bite to eat.

For the first time in my life, I ate a Big Mac Value meal. Do adults actually eat those things? Oh my nutritional hell, that food is awful. I left the fast food restaurant feeling like I had bricks laying in my stomach (a feeling that wouldn't go away for the rest of the night).

Was this the very wrong thing I did? Well normally this would be the issue, but I did something much worse.

At the book signing party, I spoke with many bloggers, current friends and met a few new people. When one of the newer people was about to leave, he did the traditional good bye that gay men do. He gave me a peck on the right cheek, and then moved in to kiss the left cheek as well. However as he made his way to kiss my cheek, he turned my head and kissed me on the mouth...and tried to slip me the tongue!

Now, some of you may not believe this...but I'm not a virgin. I know...it's scary, but true. I couldn't even count the amount of men who've kissed me, but yesterday was a first. The guy who tried to slip me the tongue was a Gay Republican.

****Looks Down in Shame***


I need more mouthwash.

Patrick - 3:25 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com