The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Thursday, September 21, 2006

Morphine is Good

Hey, guys. Tuna Girl here.

I wanted to let you all know that Patrick got through his surgery today just fine. I talked to him at about 7 p.m. tonight and he was in good spirits. And he has a message for all of you: "Morphine is a wonderful thing."

He was mellow enough that he didn't really give me a lot of information on exactly how things went. But they told him he may be able to go home as soon as tomorrow, so I'm taking that as a very good sign. David was visiting when I called and reports that he is doing well, having a little pain and sucking on ice chips, but in good spirits.

After letting him know how relieved I was, one of the first things I told him was how many of you had called or e-mailed your support. I told him that so very many people care about him. I might have to remind him again later, but I'm sure he will be very touched. I was completely blown away by our friends today. So thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

I'm sure Patrick will be back before we know it. He can barely contain his witty innuendo. But in the meantime, he tells me I should use his blog as a free-for-all to say all the things I can't say on my own blog.

I think he just wants me to admit what those hooks were for.

Update: I just talked to Patrick again and he asked me to let you all know how much he appreciates your support. He's planning on pushing his hospital stay one more day so he can get enough rest to be comfortable at home. I think that's an excellent plan.

Tuna Girl - 9:31 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com