The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Chicken of the Sea

Last year, as the season was ending in Provincetown, the restaurant I was working at began to close on particular days, thus I was starting to get a few days off. On one of those particular days, I went to the beach and watched a group of men fishing off of the pier. Being friendly, I struck up a conversation and asked about how one goes about catching a fish. The one fisherman put it in easy terms for me.

Put the bait on the hook, cast the line out and wait for a fish to take the bait. Reel the line in some, and then let the fish swim a bit until it forgets it has been caught. Reel the line in closer and let the fish swim again. Finally reel the fish close enough and use the net to pull it out of the water.

It was actually pretty interesting to watch, but thinking about it yesterday, I realized that dating is sometimes similar. Let it be known:

There may be plenty of fish in the sea, but I'm not a fish.

Patrick - 4:44 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com