The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Thursday, October 19, 2006

Four Letter Words

Lately, I've found myself having an affinity for four letter words. I'd like to blame it on the fact that I'm only eating about 700 calories a day, or that I normally have the vernacular of a sailor on leave, but since I went back to work this week, I've found that work stress is causing me to express my emotions in single syllable words.

Rhymes with truck:
Returning to the restaurant, I've found out that my bartending shifts were replaced by other bartenders. The restaurant has "generously" offered me a couple of server shifts (of course, the pay is less than 1/2 the hourly rate and I now have to pool my tips), meaning I won't be making as much money there. I think the appropriate phrase is "fuck"? As in "thank you for fucking me over!"

Rhymes with snap:
After finding out that I will no longer be having my supplemental income from the food and beverage industry, I went home where I found in my mailbox the renewal notice of my lease. In this notice, I found that my rent is going up $90 bucks. This means that after my day job pays my rent, I will have $110 for utilities, credit card payment, and food. Crap!

Rhymes with spit:
Over the past month, I've been having sporadic conversations with "the fisherman". But my counsel in all relationship matters (hell, she has slept with more gay men than I have) asked me a very pointed question. "Do you believe that crock of shit?" No...I don't.

Rhymes with Bell:
My other situation currently going on is much more difficult. Depending how things work out, if a decision (someone else's) isn't made soon...I'm going to raise hell. Serious, throwing things against the wall, threatening bodily harm, and possible extortion type of hell. The kind of hell that has others standing aside hiding until the first wave of attacks is over and they can possibly run for safety.

I don't know about you....but I could really use a drink right now. Too bad cranberry juice doesn't have the same effect as vodka.

Patrick - 3:13 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com