The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Friday, October 13, 2006

Prison Break

Today being Friday the 13th is also the last day I have off for medical leave. My doctor has approved me to go back to work on Monday. So what does it feel like to work from home for three weeks? Kind of like sitting in prison.

Did you know that there are 57 wooden planks that make up the width of the floor in my apartment? There are also 18 vertical bars and 8 horizontal bars on my windows. My first floor is 21 feet long and 10 feet wide (except where my fireplace is, where the width is 9 feet.

When you are unemployed, you spend so much time in your own home that you start getting the redecorating bug. Paint the walls green? How about red? Suddenly I'm thinking both. Maybe I should finally break down and buy some furniture.

It's the bad part of being in the home for too many hours. You could easily spend yourself into debt. I've been good though...the farthest I've gone is paint chips. But now I want to change something. What color do you think the walls should be?

Patrick - 5:00 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com