The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Click My Ass

Hey you, reading this at your computer. I realized something this morning...I haven't solicited you yet. And I have to admit...I'm ashamed to do so. But in the end it comes to me being poor, and wanting to do things for a good cause. So here goes.


Click my Ass. Come on, you know you want to. And by doing so, you'll open a window that takes you to a donation page where you can sponsor me in the Race to Deliver, which will benefit God's Love We Deliver.

God's Love We Deliver provides nutritious meals, free of charge, to people living with HIV/AIDS, cancer and other serious illnesses throughout New York City and nearby Hudson County, New Jersey.

This is for a good cause, and just so you know, I'll be suffering during this race. The course is set to begin in Central Park and head North through the park uphill for the first three miles, before finishing off at a 1 mile downhill. And it's only going to be in the low 50's, so I'm going to be cold. Do you really want me to be cold and exhausted and with no donations to turn in?

Still haven't swayed you? All right...how's this. The Tuna Guppies are going to visit in New York starting on Saturday night...the night before the race. Both of the guppies have also signed up to participate in the race. The youngest will run 75 yards and the oldest will be running 1/4 a mile. Do you want these kids to do this race without any sponsorship?

Do you want me to have to tell them that nobody loved their gay uncle Patrick enough to sponsor him? Imagine the sadness on their faces when the race organizers look at them and ask them where their donation money is and they both look at me with confused teared faces, wondering why they can't have the T-shirt prize every other kid is getting. For God's sake....think of the children! Click and Donate!!!

You're still reading? Ok...It's time for me to get mean. I've got a great memory, and I've met many of you in person. I know all of your secrets. Blogger hookups, moments of indiscretion, and possibly a bit of health history. I'll out you (sorry..."Lance you"). Your secrets are no longer safe with me, unless you donate. Yes you. I've got pictures, and I've kept copies of every email I have ever received from all of you. Donate here.

Still haven't donated? Donate now...or the puppy dies!

Patrick - 1:53 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com