The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Ruining My Chances

Saturday night the Tuna family arrived for their big New York City adventure, and an adventure it has been. Sunday the kids ran their first races ever for the Race to Deliver.



Those of you who donated to the cause will be hearing from me shortly, and those of you who didn't...well you'll be hearing from me as well.

In a pleasant way...I'm not Kramer.

Post race Tuna and the kids and I had brunch, before we spent an entire day in Central Park. From walking to the Statue of Balto (a tribute to a sled dog), taking a ride on the Carousel, playing in the playground, touring Belvedere Castle (why isn't vodka served here?) and finishing at the ice rink in Central Park. And everywhere we went, the same thing happened.

I saw hot gay men. Men I would want to date. Men who were checking me out, only to lose interest when two small children and their mother would come up to me. Suddenly I turned into "father of two children with a wife who doesn't suspect a thing" guy. The guy who advertises on Craigslist that he's looking for "no strings attached" and discreet sexual encounters with other nameless men.

The kids were inadvertently nixing my chances of getting a date and let's face it...New Year's Eve is just around the corner. Everyone needs a date for New Years! I figured I had to do something. So I started to ask the kids loud questions like "Do you think Daddy would like the view from the castle?" or "What do you think Daddy is doing right now?" I kept it up most of the day, until I was at the ice rink.

A mother of a little boy, Tuna Daughter's age, was having the same difficulty I was helping her child skate while keeping herself upright. Tunadaughter wasn't looking where she was going and accidentally skated into the woman, but immediately apologized for bumping her. The woman looked at me and said "Your daughter has such good manners!"

***I smiled a little with pride***

"Thanks"

Eh...I wasn't planning on dating anybody anyway. Let them think I'm a closet case.

Patrick - 2:38 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com