The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Decisions

I've lived in my apartment now for over a year, and I still have yet to furnish it. Furniture isn't cheap! However, after my surgery, I just couldn't stand it anymore, and decided to splurge on a sofa. A charcoal gray microsuede 87" sofa.

My very own sofa, which at the prime age of 36, would be the first adult piece of furniture I would ever had owned. I'm moving up in the world! I waited patiently as the sofa went through two delays in the ordering process and delivery, and was excited for this past Friday, which was delivery day! I planned on sleeping on my sofa all day Saturday, pausing only to get up for bathroom breaks. Unfortunately, I blew my load too soon...because the sofa didn't fit in the door of the apartment. The delivery men took it back to the store, and I've got a few options now.

Option 1:
Same sofa, but in a slightly shorter model of 73" or 60". Since the fabric is special order, it would be ready in about 15 weeks.


Option 2:
Shorter model of the sofa, but in the "in stock" color, which means I'd have my sofa within 7 to 10 days.


Option 3: Say fuck it and look for two chairs.

What would you do?

Patrick - 11:49 AM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com