The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Friday, February 16, 2007

Challenge me?

Yesterday, I was in a sour mood as I got to the office. I sniffed and sneezed my way to lunch hour, where I decided to throw in the towel and get a package of Sudafed from the pharmacy. Duane Reade pharmacy to be exact.

Now, I'm the first to admit, then when I'm not feeling well, I can be a bit difficult (read = raving lunatic bitch from hell), but I hate this particular pharmacy and it's barely middle school educated staff. I've had several problems with this pharmacy, including getting another patient's prescription drugs, enough HIPPA violations to shut down the store, and incorrect pricing nearly every time I shop there. Thus yesterday, I had had it.

I searched the aisles until I found the Sudafed section. I remember when I used to be able to purchase Sudafed without having to go to the counter and asking for the particular product (just like condoms), but with Crystal Meth so easily produced...those days are over. Thus, being the good customer, I went to the pharmacist and asked for my product.

I had to show a picture ID.

She then made me put my name, telephone number, and address down on this list. I gave her my PO Box, which she refused to take.

"We need your real address." she barked.
"That is my real address. look at my ID." I answered. (yes...my ID has a PO box address).
"If you don't put down where you live, I won't sell this to you."...and then she rolled her eyes!
While staring at her in the eyes I calmly stated;
"If you don't sell me that drug, I'm going to blow the contents of my nose onto your counter."

Today, my nose is clear thanks to my dosage of Sudafed!

Patrick - 1:03 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com