The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Dear Eric

Most of you don't know this, but I'd been involved with someone in my neighborhood for the last year. Yesterday...it was time to end it.

Dear Eric,
It's amazing how fast 13 months can fly by when your happy, and this is exactly how I've felt since I first met you. You were one of the first people I met in my neighborhood, and with your help, you intoduced me to all the good restaurants, the fun "to-do" activities in New York, and even helped keep me informed on the local politics.

It's been fun, really. You knew that I wasn't interested in a serious relationship ...I was still getting over Mr. Emotional Power Top (He's just in and out of my life) and you encouraged me to date others. Heck...you helped me meet a few men. None of which were worthwhile...but the fact that you let me look was something I appreciated. You understood me.

I love your taste in music, and often, when you weren't looking, I'd scan you IPOD music and marvel at the different types. ABBA, Patsy Cline, En Vogue? No wonder we were meant to be together. You are special.

But lately...you've not been as reliable as I would have liked. I'm not sure why. Was it the curtains on the windows (yeah...I know you liked it better without them), or was it that I have a house guest that you've run into a few times (which is platonic)? Is it jealousy? It doesn't matter though. With you being more out of touch, I realized it was time for me to stand on my own a bit.

I called Time Warner Cable and ordered my own highspeed internet service. For the last 13 months, youve given me free access to wireless internet...but it's time I got my own. If I ever meet you in person...I owe you a nice dinner out.

Thanks,
Patrick

Patrick - 12:29 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com