The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Friday, February 23, 2007

Rescue 911

Yesterday's doctor's visit was not the most wonderful experience I've ever had, and I went home feeling a bit sorry for myself (I'll talk about it another time). I walked home (after being sedated...not easy) and sat in my $5.00 chair while the daylight began to fade from the room. I was teetering on that edge between sleep and awake when a bell ringing brought me back to reality. I opened my eyes thinking my house guest had come home early from his dog sitting assignment. Not seeing him anywhere, I was ready to close my eyes again when I heard the bell once more. Coming from out in the hallway.

I opened my door and heard a muffled "hello" coming from the elevator. Aparently, one of my neighbors had taken the risk and ridden the "elevator of death". Yes, my building has an elevator, but I wouldn't get in it. The poor woman had been stuck in there for over an hour and finally got the emergency bell to work. She would have called the landlord, but no cell phone works in the elevator...otherwise known as "Panic Room".

I kept her company while the superintendant tried doing all he could to open the doors. Finally, we called the fire department. There is something hot about having 12 NYC fire fighters come to your house in uniform. That they were all good looking and all taller than 6' made it even better. Do you think my house guest would mind if I set fire to his belongings this evening? I could use a little mouth to mouth.

Patrick - 12:49 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com