The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Anyone Up for Swimming?

Last night, as usual for my Monday nights, I worked the second job at the restaurant. Except this time, something feels different. Standing behind the bar, I actually opened my eyes and looked at the liquor bottles. Missing was the Makers Mark, Dewars, most of the wines by the glass, and over 1/2 of the beers are out of stock. This is the second week in a row that I've noticed this.

I looked to the wall and noticed that the pictures of the chef's grandparents are no longer in their prominant place. In fact, most of the items that the chef brought in from home seem to be missing. Additionally, the chef has suddenly taken a very impromptu vacation and will not be back until next week.

Last night, we had six customers in the restaurant total. One table and 4 bar customers.

On Christmas Eve 2005, the chef's mother made a Christmas wish. "My wish, is for [insert restaurant name] to be a huge success and for there to be many [insert restaurant name]'s everywhere!"

That same night I though to myself, "My wish is to be out from the hell that is this job."


I have a bad feeling I know who's wish is going to come true first. The bell is ringing and I distinctly hear the phrase "abandon ship" being played on the loud speakers. Even the rats are looking for life jackets.

Patrick - 12:08 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com