The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Friday, March 30, 2007

Pros and Cons

The past 48 hours, I have had such a rollercoaster ride of things going on, and to be honest, I don't see a end to it anytime soon.


  • Pro: The restaurant I worked at closed its doors for good yesterday. Rest in peace, Aquaterra. This was the view of the bar for the past 8 weeks...not a customer in site. It was also the first job I got in New York.



  • Con: I'm no longer going to be receiving that $15 weekly paycheck (seriously).




  • Pro: I've got three first dates next week. This from the person who doesn't date much.

  • Con: These were part of the speed dating...and two of them I really don't want to go on.




  • Con: After discussions with my doctor, it's been reccommended that I go back into the hospital for surgery...yet again. Post surgery, I will not be able to eat solid food for about 6 to 12 weeks. Nor will I be able to run for about a month.

  • Pro: The last surgery had me lose 15 pounds over three weeks. At this rate, I'll be rail thin by swimsuit season. You can never be too young, rich, or thin.



So today, the post I had started in my head is completely out of my mind now. I'm in the process of attempting to schedule dates, surgery and look for a new bartending night job.


Fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

Patrick - 11:09 AM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com