The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Bitches

In the past, my grandmother has been a big source of frustration and torment. Anytime I've needed an attack on my self esteem, I could rely on her to provide it. Seriously. Consider the following tidbits.


  • "My...your butt has got so big!"
  • "Are you doing anything with your college education?"
  • "If you prayed, things would be much better in your life."
  • "Hasn't **** (my Ex) gotten a job in the field he majored in?"

Add that to her ability to play maryter better than any other person I've ever met. She's the first Catholic I've ever met who has mastered Jewish guilt.

  • "No...I don't mind sitting by myself this past Christmas. I'm sure your friends were more important to you."

  • "I recently added up all the money I sent to you while you were in college and needed help. It was thousands of dollars."


We have a love/hate relationship.

Yet today...I'm stuck worrying. She's gone in to get a pacemaker, and like it or not, I have to worry about her. Hell, she's 83 years old. I fully know that likely the next time I have to travel to her area is going to be for a funeral.

***sigh***

Growing old is a real bitch sometimes. Having ageing parents and grandparents get older is even worse.

Patrick - 12:22 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com