The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bad Ideas

Remember the movie "A Christmas Story" where the one boy Double Dog Dares the other boy to put his tongue to a freezing metal pole. We the viewer can already see the that no good is about to happen, yet we still watch in horror as the kid puts his tongue on the pole.

I'd like to think that I'm not the kind of guy who falls easily for "Dares", but I'm never one to back down from a challenge. This was why I was handcuffed the last time I was bar tending, and why recently I was sent the following e-mail. The sender's were two people I met while in Provincetown.

Hey Patrick!
It was great meeting you in Provincetown last weekend. We finally put the video up online. You can access it by going to this LINK ***************************.com.
We think it turned out really hot. Next time you are coming up to the Boston area, give us a call. Maybe we'll make another video.

Take care.
XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX


***blank stare***

I accessed the video, and realized a few things:
1) What sounds like a good idea after a few drinks...isn't!
2) Some camera angles are just not flattering.
3) I might have a future career choice.
4) Thank God my grandmother doesn't have an X-tube Account!
5) I will never run for public office.
6) I need to wash my eyes with bleach.

You can click on my drunk face below if you actually want to see photos from the trip (buy believe me...I'm not posting that x-tube link!)


Patrick - 1:27 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com