The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Thursday, August 02, 2007

Hell-Ders

A few nights ago, I had a dream that had me waking up in such a rage. Angry enough that I turned the light on, and had to sit for a while and just breathe...and well throw a few things as well.

In the dream, my grandmother had decided to visit my apartment with a deceased aunt. They were cooking dinner in my postage stamp sized kitchen for some unknown guests that were coming to visit. It was while they were cooking, that I first spoke to my grandmother.

In the dream, I asked her to not move things around, as it was my apartment and I needed to be able to find things. My grandmother instead moved everything, and as I began to complain about it, she plainly said "All I'm hearing is whine whine whine whine".

My aunt in this dream tried to apologize for her, excusing her behavior due to her age. This is what was making me so angry.

I love my grandmother, but let's face it. She's a twat (I could have said the "C" word). So for this one instance only...I can say that I am a gay man who loves twat. *I think I just shuddered*.

We're taught at an early age to respect our elders, but is it possible to respect someone who isn't willing to respect you equally? If the crazy bat is going to do nothing more than criticize me, do I have to take it?

Yet my telling the old woman off is the equivalent of a Roman Catholic taking a crap on a crucifix. (Now there is a image). Instead I just find myself distancing myself further and further, keeping my thoughts inside...only to have them piss me off in the middle of the night.

Where's a fucking sex dream when you need it?

Patrick - 2:02 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com