The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Meany

Sunday, while at the Eagle with Crash, a younger guy bumped into me. Now I'll admit it...I flirted. I alway flirt a little (ok...a lot), as it's in my nature, but it really is harmless. In fact, I'm more likely to flirt with someone I'm not that into. Which puts me into a difficult situation.

I'm horrible at being mean. I see my friends do it all the time. An old man approaches one of them and after a polite no, the next response is "GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!" I've never been able to do that. Instead, when an asshole comes up to me and says "You've got that stocky look going on", or "Your comb-over is different than mine", or "I just want to let you know that looks don't matter to me" I end up just being offended and not saying anything.

Worse, when someone is interested in me, and the feelings aren't returned, I'm likely to encourage him by still being nice. It's hard to get rejected...and I try to spare people's feelings a bit.

Therefore, on Thursday I will have two dates. And sadly I'm not sure if I'm into either of them. But being first dates, I'm making sure they are nice and quick. One drink and I'm out of there. We'll see if they can make it to a second date.

Patrick - 1:16 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com