The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Friday, September 21, 2007

Not a Date

As I left work, I distinctly told myself "It's not a date". We were just two people that happened to be meeting at the same restaurant for dinner. No expectations, no plans, no agendas or any of the prescribed things that make it "a date". Just a light, easy, breezy get together.

I arrived at home and took a shower. All the while cleaning myself, I insisted that this wasn't a date. A date involves a potential future relationship, something currently I don't need. In fact, the only relationship I need is a better one with myself. What I was going to have was a "meeting". A meeting with another gay man I've recently met. Looking southward in the shower, I decided to manscape. Not because I intended on anyone seeing me naked, but because it was time for the necessary maintainance.

I picked out a black shirt to go with my dark pants, and was well on my way down to Chelsea when I realized that I had picked the shirt with the condoms in the breast pocket. Totally unintentional I say. I just picked out this shirt to go with the black jeans. And even if I was to have sex, we aren't dating. Dating involves something more that just a friendly get together for dinner and possibly drinks.

Walking home at 6:15 this morning, I can definitely say it wasn't a date. A date includes breakfast or at the least coffee. What we had was more of a friendly get together.

**********


Sometimes lying to yourself is the best option.

Patrick - 1:09 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com