The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Valuable

Yesterday, I got notice that my rent would be increasing by $100 per month. Add to it, I'm currently facing some very large bills in the near future, I've become faced with a very sad reality. Either I need to move, or I need a roommate. I've got to face the music, and currently it's a sad song playing on the jukebox.

Since I have guests coming to visit for 10 days in November, I figured a roommate start December 1st was best, and I put an ad in Craigslist advertising the apartment. Within two hours, I had over 20 responses. Most of which do seem acceptable.

If in the age of the internet, you can find a roommate within 2 hours...why can't getting a relationship be this easy?

Yes, the internet sites exist, but people seem to spend more time cruising the ads, checking out the photos, and less time actually attempting any contact (myself included here). And bars are just as bad. We all go out in our own friendship circles and search for the perfect...or at least acceptable mate, but often rather than settling, we just continue to pursue new people.

Maybe it's just New York City, but it seems that real estate is more coveted than relationships. Of course...a relationship doesn't offer you the same security that a roof over your head will.

Patrick - 2:32 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com