The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pencil Me In

I've recently found myself is a familiar predicament. A situation I've not been in for a while.

Back when I first met the Ex, we started spending all of our free time together. As this went on, our friends saw less and less of us. In fact, it got so bad that one friend called me and left a message asking that I verify I was still at that telephone number since I never spoke to him anymore.

I ended up feeling guilty for the neglect and made a conscious effort to make time for my friends as well, but the boyfriend still took up so much of my time.

I'm breaking a cardinal rule and stating something I wouldn't normally do. I've been in a relationship for the last month, and I've realized that "absent friend" syndrome is happening again. I'm not seeing them as much as I'd like to, but at the same time, I do need to nurture this new thing going on in my life...at least for now. Hell, I don't even has as much time to blog as I used to.

The problem? When the fuck did I get into a relationship with my job as a catering waiter and how the hell can I date during this horrendous schedule? Thank god for sex buddies! "Yes...I still have time for a sex date on Sunday from 7 until 10, but let's leave that tentative in case my boyfriend, the catering service, calls."

Patrick - 8:55 AM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com