The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sensitivity Training

I am a sensitive guy.

Yes...I know...how progressive of me...whatever. Yes, I do try to think of other's feelings and I'm not ashamed to cry in public, but this isn't why I'm sensitive.

Yesterday afternoon, I was flipping channels and caught a medical show where people could ask the doctor anything they wanted. What caught my interest was that the entire audience was composed of nothing but men. And one of them asked the question:

How often and exactly how do I check for testicular cancer?

The doctor, being the health professional that he is, brought the guy onstage, and showed him and the audience on a cadaver that had been donated for this purpose.

Examine each testicle with both hands. Place the index and middle fingers under the testicle with the thumbs placed on top. Roll the testicle gently between the thumbs and fingers -- you shouldn't feel any pain when doing the exam. Don't be alarmed if one testicle seems slightly larger than the other, that's normal.

At this point, I was rolling on the floor in sympathy pain. This was turning into the longest 10 minutes of my life! Why the hell weren't they breaking for commercial?
As I was breaking out into a cold sweat. For the love of God!!!! I was in agony. If fact, I'm in pain just typing this.

I know I should be checking myself monthly...but you know what?

I survived cancer once... I'll chance it.

Patrick - 11:53 AM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com