The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Friday, October 03, 2008

Head Waiter

I would have much rather been home when the debate was on last night, but I was scheduled to work a job at a private residence last night. Thankfully, I was told it was a debate watching party, so I'd at least get to hear the debates while serving appetizers and white wine.

Now as with most Central Park West residences, all service staff must enter the back entrance where you are to ride the service elevator to the back door that opens into the kitchen. It's the new millennium version of "back of the bus". Upon walking into the kitchen, the place had a nice familiar tone. White walls, white cabinetry...something about it looked vaguely familiar.

I set up the bar and waited for the rest of the staff to arrive. The owner of the apartment came into the kitchen to introduce himself and as we shook hands, I looked him over. Well built, hot body, strong arms (this is way too familiar)...I remembered where I had met this man before.

Back in January...this man and his boyfriend had a sex party in this very apartment. His boyfriend who was also my doctor.

I could tell by the look on his face that he vaguely remembered me...but was trying to place where he had met me. I considered dropping my pants to give him a better idea, but instead continued to work. About 10 minutes later, I saw that all to knowing look of recognition on his face.

When he boyfriend arrived, the look was immediate. As well as for some of his male guests (but not their wives).

At the end of the night, he handed me $100 for my troubles, but didn't bother tipping the rest of the staff. I wonder if he tipped me for my service, or my servicing?

Patrick - 2:19 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com