The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Winners and Losers

This morning, I work up and walked down the block to do the civic duty and vote. Turning the corner, what waited for me was completely unexpected. A line around the block of people waiting to vote. Seriously around the block!



Thus in this line of no end, I being bored, and strangely hungover from 3 glasses of red wine, waited patiently for over an hour to get into the school so I could cast my vote. And during this wait, I listened to the woman going for sympathy votes for McCain. Her argument? He's old enough that he'll likely not be around to run again in 2012. And with that statement, I thought of what the world would be like if Palin was to become president, and became very sick to my stomach. Granted...it could have been the three wine glasses last night...but I'm blaming it on Palin.

She could be one heartbeat away from the highest office in this country?

Not if I can help it.


Patrick - 1:28 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com