The Former Traveling Spotlight

The tales of a "30" something gay former stand-up comic living in NYC who is searching for his soul mate or soul...which ever comes first.





Monday, December 29, 2008

Giving and Receiving

To start: Supposedly 500,000 people lost their jobs in November. I'm number 499,993. It sucks, there isn't anything I can do about it, and I can only look forward from here. I'll survive. But it does mean that I can't really afford Christmas. The boyfriend (there...I said it), who is still working could spoil me a bit. It's sweet and I'm flattered, but leaves me feeling awkward. I know that he can afford more, but I like to keep things a bit equal. I joke about wanting to be kept...but in reality I'm more inclined to be an equal.

Thus this Christmas he gave me 2nd row seats to Wicked while all I could afford to purchase was a $5 spoon rest, and I was scrambling for ideas until Christmas Eve. At the last minute, I thought of something I could give as a gift.

Thus....

My Christmas Morning Conversation:


Him: Oh...My...God...
Me: Well I couldn't afford to buy you a gift...so I thought that was a good idea.
Him: That was your idea of a present?!?
Me: Um...well it is illegal in all 50 states.
Him: Thank god I'm not a cop.



Some gifts are better left to the imagination.

Patrick - 1:26 PM -








Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com